I am Lisa Green Bolhuis of Bolhuis Design. Let me share a little of my background with you. I am a web and graphic designer. I came to this field after 15+ years in the entertainment industry as a producer of DVD Menus, added value, DVD Games, Board Games, Websites, and Online Digital Worlds. As a producer, I soaked up everything I could from the different people I worked with and often times would step in when needed to edit video, edit audio, handle Photoshop production work – whatever needed to be done. Bolhuis Design is about bring the process, the creativity and technical know-how to you in one package.
I have always had a knack for figuring computer related programs, etc., and already knew HTML/CSS, so five years ago, a friend got me my first Word Press site gig. Ever since I have been using my skills to create websites, eblasts, and print work for a variety of clients.
With Bolhuis Design you don’t have to be afraid of your web designer. I won’t throw out tons of jargon just to impress you, unless you want me to. Any questions you have, I am here to answer. Any issues with your current web site or print job, I am here to help. Just contact me. If I can help, I will.
interesting professional and personal facts
- I am originally from Northern California, but have lived in Los Angeles for over 20 years.
- I graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Communication Studies.
- I believe in continuing my education in my field to keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- I have a cat: John Milton (but we just call him Milton).
- Shirley Jackson is my favorite writer.
- Some of the programs I can use: WordPress, Word, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat (for forms), Final Cut Pro, Dreamweaver, Project, Visio, Power Point, InDesign, Jira, Quark, Concept Draw, Creative Manager, and Rapid Weaver.
- I am an Aquarius, not that it matters.